Sunday

Walk It Out~Riverside Wedding Photographer

~Walk It Out.....

Stuckness...I don't think that is a real word, but as a photographer I have a habit of making up words. Like contrasty or bluey (when a photograph is not warm enough.)...but I digress..stuckness is what I call a feeling that comes over me about my photography, When I feel this way my friend Vanessa tells me " just walk it out girl, walk it out."
Its been said that depression is stagnate energy..so when you are feeling down or low just walk it out. Take a walk in nature, go for a run, do some jumping jacks in other words just get moving.
I have this bad habit(I don't know about you) of comparing myself to others. Lately I have been doing too much of that. I especially do it with my photography. Because I love photography, I love to look at photographers work. I read my Vanity Fair and ogle over Annie Leibovitz work. I admire Richard Avedon and Mario Testino and my contemporaries as well. sometimes Its is a double edge sword. Just how it brings me joy,inspiration and motivation, I also fall into the trap of comparing myself to them and I start feeling that, I am not a real photographer. I get this icky,funky,nasty feeling and next thing I know Im feeling low,low,low. That's what I call stuckness. Spiritually I know that what is meant for someone else might not necessarily be my destiny. Yes... I believe in destiny. I also believe that we are in charge of our own happiness, Its the duality of life, we are the co-pilots on this journey. Some of it is up to me and some of it is just not in my hands. Like the serenity prayer...

God grant me the serenity
to accept the things I cannot change;
courage to change the things I can;
and wisdom to know the difference.

So for now I am going to "walk it out" this icky,funky,stuckness. And I leave you with this little video that always makes me smile :)

p.s. you might want to pause the music at the bottom of the page so you dont have two songs going at the same time.

2 comments:

Spahulu Photography said...

Lucia,
I am so there with you and feeling that stuckness too many times....but I do the same, I keep myself occupied with the goals I have set for myself so that I can see and feel the progress of my work. Its too easy to compare our work to the many artist who have been in this industry for so long. Look but dont take it to heart! Allow the work to inspire you and to let those creative juices flow! I'm here in Vegas so hit me up when you get here. I'd love to meet up with you so we can review our schedules and check out the different sessions we plan to attend. I'll email you my number! Thanks for the inspiration and looking the other way when "stuckness" tries to enter this beautiful world of photography. Will talk to you soon!

Lucia Photography said...

want to meet up for lunch on sunday?

Im so excited :)

e-mail my cel phone at lucialucia@tmail.com